Thursday, December 17, 2009

Red White Picnic Tablecloth

Le scorte per l'inverno

Skip the talk and go to the recipe: Dice soup: vegetable, meat and fish

To my great joy, this year I improved my membership GAS local, long delayed because tralochi, this time of others. This means that in addition to weekly boxes of vegetables, now, among other things, it happens to arrive in mail messages such as "The day the company TOT Agricultural foo slaughtering a calf, if you are interested in a pack of mixed meats Make reservations. "So here comes the package of fresh meat roughly as follows:
-
Steaks - Beef Broth from
- Ossobuco
- meat from broth
- Scaloppine
- meat from broth
- Ground
- I've said meat from broth?

Scherzo, of course, but we say that there were pieces to the broth in quantities rather than to our domestic production of meat broths : the metamorphosis in Emilia is not yet complete so we do not (yet) the tortellini soup every Sunday: P
Do not worry, however, nothing is wasted, even because winter is approaching and we must prepare for the season soup, and to repeat and extend an experiment I did last winter and that was nearly exhausted: the nut crop fattincasa! Experiment so to speak, as I followed the exact instructions, but the first time that I made I was quite skeptical about its success. And I was not alone, because I called his mother while I was in the middle of cooking and asked me what I was cooking for good. Reply to "plant nut" he said "Do not tell lies": D
day die, then, and now that we have decided to try a new recipe, alongside the classic one, and try to make even the die meat and fish!



NUT PLANT
recipe comes from Petula which I refer to the technical notes:)

200 grams of celery (I put the leaves)

2 carrots 1 onion 1 large zucchini


2 leeks 100 grams of parsley (it's a great way to use the stems!)

20 basil leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 15 leaves of sage


150 g salt 100 g of miso '
barley 1 tablespoon oil

Cut small pieces (such as fried) vegetables, put them in a steel pot with the bottom or top of crock with a spoon of oil. Cover with salt and miso, and cook without and adds nothing (I just let the vegetables a bit 'wet wash water) for at least 1 hour and a half. Blend and mix all with an immersion blender or in the robot and put on the fire to thicken again.
few notes during cooking, cover the pot with a lid, slightly open, otherwise it burns everything. Even so sometimes it gets a little 'background bruciatizzo, but not enough to bring it up when you put it in the blender!
The final consistency will be that of a very, very dense pitch. Place nut in hot glass containers thoroughly cleaned and placed in the fridge (not necessary given the amount of salt). Lasts at least six months in the fridge ... I think, I do not know, I finished first;)
You can also store in the freezer: given the amount of salt remains soft, it can be taken each time the desired amount (useless then groped to make the molds for ice cubes in as I I tried to do:) and lasts longer.
Just a tablespoon to flavor soups and sauces and is perfect for making vegetable broth for the risotto or pasta.

NUT FISH
Adapted from Senzapanna

carrots 250 gr 250 gr 250 gr onion, celery


250 grams salt 250 grams fillet of redfish

1 clove garlic 1 small bunch of parsley and basil

Honestly, I did not know that fish use, and I opted for what I found in the filleted fish counter:) In retrospect, it was probably better to use a fish suitable for storing salt, say, herring or anchovies.
Cut all the vegetables very finely, preferably organic. Better yet, chop finely with a food processor without adding anything. Cover them with salt and cook them to focus light without adding anything (even water). The salt will extract water from the verdant greens, this water does not leave until it is completely dry (I was enough for an hour of cooking). Put in jars while still hot, close and flip. Will keep for months in the refrigerator due to the large amount of salt. I, given the presence of fish, prefer conervare this in the freezer: I have not tasted it, I will tell you how it came!

NUT MEAT
Adapted from Senzapanna
400 gr 350 gr
meat broth 1 large onion salt


150 gr carrots celery, parsley
Place the damp salt in a saucepan. Add the chopped meat, onions, carrots and herbs (I've mixed all at this point). Let simmer covered for more than 1 hour. Uncover and dry the mixture. Let cool and pass it to the mixer. Pour into a glass jar with lid and store in refrigerator. Can be stored for several months. Adding to dishes to remember not to put more salt. This too
stored in the freezer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment